Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A day in SLC


Today Curtis and I had the opportunity to go to the Salt Lake Temple.  Curtis had never been before and I had only been once myself.   We did an endowment session then we sat in the Celestial room for a while.  It was so nice and peaceful we didn't want to leave.  This is us in front of the reflecting pool, some very cold missionaries stopped to help us.  It was freezing!


Here we are a little closer.  The wind was blowing so bad that we had to hold on to each other tight so that I didn't blow away.  :D



We came home from the Temple and decided to make cabbage soup.  Well, I decided to make cabbage soup.  Curtis was a real trooper though and stayed in the kitchen to help me cut up all the vegetables that he doesn't like (at least he thinks he doesn't like them).  I love to make and eat cabbage soup...in fact it is one of my favorites.  Curtis on the other hand could do without the veggies.  But, surprise of surprises he LIKED it!  He at a whole bowl and told me that it was ok if I wanted to make it every once in a while.  Oh how I love that man!


Curtis downloaded a new game on his computer called Star Craft and he has been enjoying it as you can see.  I am glad that he is so happy!  He is such a sweet husband, and I love him more than anything.  He is way to good to me!!


We decided to end the night by watching DragonHeart.  Audrey came over and we made a night of it.  DragonHeart by the way is a great movie.  We loved it and would definitely recommend it.  Cabbage soup, a great movie, an awesome sister, and a sweet husband.  What more could you ask for?

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I think you need to post the recipe for the cabbage soup!

    ReplyDelete