Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our Home


Here are a few photos of our cute house.  We live in a basement apartment of an older lady in Orem Ut.  She is really sweet (though somtimes kind of annoying) and provided a lot of the furniture in our apartment.  We love living here and making it into our own (as much as we can).  I can't wait until we can get in our own place so that we can paint and such, but this works for now!  This is the room that you walk into from our outside door.  Don't ask me why it is a bed room....it's our "spare" for some reason the front door doesn't open up into the living room.


This is our living room.  It is huge and feels really homey.  We love to spend time in here, usually watching TV or reading a book.  I am thankful that we have the chance to live in such a nice place and in such a great neighborhood.


This is our TV that we are pretty proud of.  It was one of the first purchases that we made when I moved into the apartment in September.  It is really nice and we love it.  You'll have to excuse the trout box on the floor.  It is actually an apple box...for Christmas decorations.  I just haven't had the chance to go to the store and buy an actual box to put stuff away in yet.  


One of the first things that I fell in love with about Curtis is the fact that he LOVES to read.  He reads all the time and I love it.  We go to the library frequently and rent books, but we also own a lot of books as you can see here.  One semester when I was single I spent more money on used books than I did on food! :D 


This is our cute bath room!  My Mom and Dad really helped us a lot when we first got into our apartment.  They hung all of our pictures and bought us a ton of "home" things that you might need when moving in.  I love our bathroom though.  The only thing I don't like is that our washer and dryer are in the bathroom thus making lint EVERYWHERE.  Other than that our bathroom is super cute!


This is our bedroom.  Curtis' Mom and Dad bought us the bedspread and the pillows for Christmas and it was a very nice addition to what we had.  Our window as you can see is covered up by a blanket, because it is a single pane window and I sleep on that side of the bed and freeze to death at night if that blanket isn't in place.  I know, I am a wimp.


And lastly this is our tiny kitchen.  It is barely big enough for Curtis and I both to cook something and not kill each other.  As I said earlier though we are happy to live in our cute home and in such a great place.  We love it and are thankful that we found it and that we are able to afford living in such a nice place.  

2 comments:

  1. What a cute place! It's so fun when you're starting out and everything is new and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really really like the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete